Startup Workshop – Manchester, 15th September
Startup, is this the right next step for your freelancing and entrepreneur journey?
If you are thinking about a startup business, then you’ve come to the right place
In our 3 hour workshop, you’ll learn…
- Should you start a business on the side of a job or freelance career? If so, how do you do it?
- How do you find new clients for your existing business whilst building a seperate startup?
- How do you grow those clients and generate more income and build a business?
- What kind of busness are you bulding anyway? An agency / lifestyle business or something more?
- Should you create a business to generate an income when freelance projects slow down?
- Can you use a freelance income to fund a startup?
… and …
- Should startup up entrepreneurs work with freelancers or fellow founders?
- Should you collaborate with freelancers? Either for your existing freelance business or in your startup? If so, how?
- What do you do when three freelance project arrive all at the same time? Does your startup go on hold?
… and …
- Should you become an agency and start to hire other freelancers? Or is this a big mistake?
- Maybe, you’ve got a great business idea, but do you build the business alone or look for fellow founders?
- How do I get funding for my busines venture? What do the VCs want?
In addition, delegates will be presented with 4 new business ventures – which are looking for equity partners – and invited to join these teams. The businesses are;
- Gaming to combine mobile devices with major TV shows
- Use of mobile devices to add additional layer of password security
- Specialist social media
- Health, Wealth and Fitnesss community
We’ll be seeking to resolve these and other key questions to help founder, entprepreneurs and marketing, sales, digital, PR, IT and PR freelancers take the next step…
This interactive workshop is hosted by Neil Lewis, founder of http://www.EnterpriseFreelanceFair.co.uk with contributions from the attendees. During the event we will unpick and challenge these critical startup and freelance questions and, using shared views from other delegates, find a way to answer these issues so that you can take the next step.
Neil Lewis has built a series of digital, sales and knowledge based businesses from back-bedroom startups to mutlimillion pound turn-over and valuations. He has sold business assets, pivoted businesses, worked with venture capitalists and business angels. He is an expert on how to develop the right startup team to both win funding and also achieve your goals.
Neil is a published author and you can read/ review his book – 100 Rules for Entrepreneurs – here.
Written by Editor on August 1, 2011 and filed in Entrepreneurs, Events, Featured, Freelance Events, Freelance events article, Freelance Jobs entrepreneur manchester, manchester freelancers, manchester startup